We created the endurance road category two decades ago proving that high ergonomics means high performance. Today, the new Roubaix SL8 with Future Shock 3.0 is lighter, faster, and smoother than any road bike ever made, unleashing unmatched confidence. The road may be hell below, but on Roubaix, it’s always heaven above.
Please note: this is an early release pre-order/special order item - we expect to see greater supply in October. We currently (09/15/2023) have sizes __ in stock, all other sizes are pre-order only.
- COMPLIANCE: Future Shock 3.0 is the star of the show, more tunable, adjustable, and durable than ever. Now, regardless of position on the bike, every rider experiences 20mm of smooth, stiction-free travel between the stem and head tube. Future Shock helps keep your hands and bars steady for a smoother ride with more control to stay fast, safe, and confident.
- Our dropped clamp design exposes more seatpost to increase deflection, but “more” isn’t simply better. The Pavé seatpost controls that deflection for the optimal vertical compliance. Together they create AfterShock technology, and when paired with the Roubaix’s rigid rear triangle, deliver a smooth ride with no loss in efficiency.
- The Roubaix SL8 is the smoothest road bike our Ride Science Team has ever tested—reducing impacts at the bars and saddle by 53% vs. the nearest competition. With Roubaix’s Future Shock 3.0 the wheel quickly moves over the bump, while rider mass remains stable, maintaining momentum in rough terrain. Typical forks deflect backward on impact, causing a measurable loss in speed. It’s a scientific fact, smoother is indeed faster.
- CAPABILITY: The Roubaix pioneered endurance geometry, so you ride “IN” the bike, not “ON” the bike to relieve pressure on your hands, arms, and shoulders for capability and confidence on any road, yet it’s ready to dissect a mountain decent at full gas. Snuggle up.
- With tire clearance up to 38c/40mm, this endurance road machine delivers better traction than ever on rough roads and even light gravel. Thanks to lightweight, super-efficient Specialized tires, that extra tire volume and traction comes with no downsides.
- Roubaix inspires really BIG days on the bike, so we’ve given it every mount your adventures could need—three bottle mounts, top-tube mounts, and it’s even fender-ready. So, go ahead and bring it all along for the ride.
- PERFORMANCE: The new Roubaix SL8 is our most aero yet, with new aero shapes from our Free Foil library and dropped seat stays. At just 825 grams, the frame is 50 grams lighter, utilizing lessons learned from the Aethos - the world’s lightest production frame - and our premium Fact 12r carbon blend. Nothing in its class is faster or lighter than the Roubaix.
Future Shock 3.3 w/ Smooth Boot, FACT Carbon 12x100mm, thru-axle, flat-mount disc
Hidden drop clamp
S-Works Pave Seat post
FACT 12R, Rider First Engineered™ (RFE), FreeFoil Shape Library tubes, threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
* Weights based on production painted frames as pictured. Actual weights will vary based on colorway, frame size, and component variation. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
|Head Tube Length||90mm||90mm||105mm||122mm||140mm||168mm||202mm|
|Head Tube Angle||69.3°||70.8°||71.5°||72.3°||73°||73°||73.5°|
|Fork Length, Full||375mm||375mm||375mm||375mm||375mm||375mm||375mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||503mm||523mm||534mm||550mm||569mm||584mm||600mm|
|Bike Standover Height||686mm||719mm||747mm||766mm||787mm||809mm||847mm|
|Seat Tube Length||365mm||410mm||445mm||465mm||485mm||505mm||545mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||75°||74°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73.5°|