Specialized Prevail 3 Helmet
The S-Works Prevail 3 helmet is perfect for riders who value the comfort and thermoregulation benefits that superior ventilation delivers. It is the ultimate all-around helmet that excels in hot conditions, strenuous climbs, and mountainous stages.
With a never-ending quest to push the limits of ventilation, we eliminated air-blocking foam “bridges” from the center, effectively creating thru-air channels that increase the surface area of ventilation by 24.5% compared to the S-Works Prevail II Vent helmet. The all-new S-Works Prevail 3 has the most ventilation area of any helmet we have ever made.
When a helmet is impacted, its job is to dissipate the energy of the impact. The conventional approach to helmet design is that more foam (EPS) means better energy management. We re-wrote the book on cycling helmet design by innovating beyond foam. Woven aramid “cables” traverse the helmet and are anchored to carbon fiber side panels. Upon impact, the AirCage technology* works as a suspension bridge and is designed to distribute localized forces throughout the helmet.
The Occipital Base Adjustment optimizes comfort by personalizing fit to individual head shape and helmet angle can be adjusted for compatibility with glasses. An adjustable Tri-Fix web system gives riders added comfort with updated, thinner 10mm webbing that minimizes strap noise. And the ANGi-ready, ultralight Mindset micro-dial fit system with height adjustability has been updated for improved grip and reaction for easy on-the-go fit.
Our ultralight and supremely comfortable MIPS Node Air technology is integrated directly into the helmet padding, with a sleek low friction layer designed to dissipate rotational forces. With Specialized’s proprietary development work, we added perforations to maximize breathability, performance, comfort, and weight savings.
- AirCage innovation increases airflow.
- Precision, full-wrap polycarbonate shell for increased durability and premium finish.
- MIPS Air Node technology is MIPS’ most ventilation-focused solution.
- Adjustable Tri-Fix web splitter boosts comfort through personalized fit.
- Occipital Base Adjustment optimizes comfort and compatibility with glasses.
- ANGi-ready Mindset fit system for improved grip and reaction for easy on-the-go fit.
"The Specialized Prevail 3 earned a 5 star rating. Its STAR value score of 8.64 ranked #2 of 178 helmets tested." Virginia Tech Bicycle Helmet Ratings 2022 Edition
Specialized Tactic 4 Helmet
It’s All in Your Tactic. With an unprecedented combination of fit, ventilation, and confidence for trail and enduro riding, the Tactic helmet delivers exceptional coverage and seamless integration with goggles or glasses.
- Tune a more precise, personalized fit thanks to Tactic’s slim, incredibly adjustable Integrated Fit System that accommodates variations in head shape and occipital base.
- Occipital base adjustment personalizes fit for comfort and allows you to tune helmet angle to ensure that your helmet and eyewear stay perfectly synched.
- Integrated fixed visor provides increased trail vision and a seamless interface with eyewear. Specifically designed eyewear channels always give you a spot to store your glasses at a moment’s notice.
- Average weight: 380 grams (medium).
- Computational Fluid Dynamic design integrates the maximum volume of internal channeling for optimal airflow through the helmet drawing heat away from the head. 4D brow cooling which provides a gap between the helmet and forehead, draws airflow into internal air channels at every speed.
- Whether your riding acoustic or e-MTB, the Tactic is certified to NTA 8776.
- The Tactic earned the highest 5-Star Virginia Tech® Helmet Rating™ from the internationally renowned Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- Fitted with a MIPS Evolve solution.
- Integrated fit system allows for extended (occipital) coverage.
- This helmet is ANGi ready, with a fit system mount designed for easy integration with our ANGi crash sensor.
"The Specialized Tactic 4 earned a 5 star rating. Its STAR value score of 8.55 ranked #1 of 178 helmets tested." Virginia Tech Bicycle Helmet Ratings 2022 Edition